TotallyMoney and Zuto giving the green light to more accurate car finance
By TotallyMoneyNov 30th 2021
TotallyMoney, the credit app that helps everyone move their money forward, is excited to announce its API integration with Zuto. In doing so, it’ll be able to provide customers with a broader range of more personalised car financing options.
- Personalised pre-approved scoring will offer guaranteed rates, meaning customers can be certain of the rate at which they’ll borrow and how much they’ll need to repay
- This comes at a time when a shortage in supply of new vehicles has driven up the price of used cars by 17% in 2021*
- TotallyMoney research shows that its customers are almost three times more likely to be accepted for car finance than a personal loan, meaning integrations such as this help lower the barrier to car ownership†
- This latest API integration is part of TotallyMoney's efforts to help its 4 million customers harness their financial data to their advantage, so they can accelerate towards their financial goals
When credit products display a representative APR, it means 51% of people would be eligible for that rate or lower. It is a calculated rate and not one that is personalised and the other 49% may receive a higher rate.
TotallyMoney’s API integration with Zuto offers customers personalised quotes, meaning greater transparency while removing surprises. Its customers will be shown guaranteed rates prior to application so they know what they’re getting before they apply.
In addition to this, customers are three times more likely to see a car finance offer than one for a personal loan†, lowering the barrier to car ownership. This comes at a key time, as many are still feeling the impact of the pandemic, with an increase in the cost of living and spiralling second-hand car prices.
Unlocking better car buying experiences
Customers will be provided with end-to-end support throughout the car-buying journey. This starts with being able to harness the power of their own data through TotallyMoney, to find their best financing options via the API integration with Zuto.
Furthermore, Zuto helps to manage the conversations with the dealer, and run vehicle history and valuation checks to make sure customers are getting a good deal.
Customers can also use the TotallyMoney car insurance service to search for their best offers, without impacting their credit score.
All this can be done without needing to visit a dealership.
Commenting on the integration, Lucy Sherliker of Zuto says:
“Zuto is a customer first, technology focused company. Providing more transparency for customers via pre-approvals and real rates is something we are very passionate about and aligns with our aim to transform the car finance experience with simplicity and integrity. We’re really happy to be working with TotallyMoney to offer this.”
Qin Su, Commercial Director at TotallyMoney comments:
“Our integration with car financing specialists, Zuto, has come at a critical time as the market sees a shortage in stock, increased pricing and a growing desire for mobility.
“Our values are closely aligned to those of Zuto and integrating them via an API means that customers know how much they can access, and the rate they’ll pay, before applying.
“We are putting power back in the hands of the people by arming them with the right information, at the right time, to make the best decisions for their financial lives
“TotallyMoney’s app helps people move their finances forward. Our latest API integration is one of the many ways we’re working to help them reach that destination.”
† TotalyMoney research November 2021
- Zuto was founded in 2006 with a mission to remove the complexity and hassle out of finding and financing a car Zuto to provide
- Zuto has been trusted by over 3m car buyers, and has an ‘Excellent’ rating on Trustpilot
- With no broker fees and free vehicle history and valuation checks, they’ve built a strong reputation amongst their customer base
For more information, please contact the press team
TotallyMoney believes people’s financial data should work for them, and not against them and with more than four million customers, they provide the UK’s only free, live credit score and report.
Its service helps customers understand their financial position and provides personalised recommendations so they can start creating financial momentum. TotallyMoney also works closely with leading lenders, to ensure eligible customers are matched with the right products, underpinned by its robust data, product and tech capabilities.
TotallyMoney is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).