Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (“terms”) apply to all users of our website and app and to customers referred to us from third-party services. Please read them carefully. If you don’t accept them, please don’t use our services.
We may update these terms from time to time. Any updates will be posted to this page, so please check back frequently. If you continue to use our services after the update you will be considered to have accepted the new terms and they will apply to you.
As of 28 January 2020, we no longer provide product comparison services to customers of Credit Karma.
Who we are
We are TotallyMoney Limited. We own and operate the website www.totallymoney.com and the TotallyMoney app. We provide a range of free services to help you better understand and improve your credit situation. We act as an independent credit broker, not a lender.
TotallyMoney Limited is a company registered in England (No. 06205695) with VAT number 974859255 with its registered office address at Chapter House, 16 Brunswick Pl, London N1 6DZ.
MI Money Limited is linked to the products branded as Fluid. MI Money Limited is the owner of this brand but we don’t give it preferential treatment or greater prominence on our services – it is treated in exactly the same way as any other product.
Free of charge
All our services are totally free. You don’t have to apply for any of the products we offer (“products”) to use our services, and we don’t sell your data or charge third parties for access to it. Instead, the partners that we work with such as credit issuers, credit brokers or other service providers (referred to in these terms as “partners”) pay us a commission if you take out a new product with them.
Registering for a TotallyMoney account
You need to create an account with us to access the full range of our services, including:
- access to a free credit report and credit score service (our “credit report service”); and
- tailored information about your borrowing power and eligibility for products (your “Borrowing Power”); and
- energy comparison and switching.
When you register, you must give us true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself. The results we show you are based mainly on the information you provide. If you don’t keep your information up to date, your results are likely to be less accurate. We recommend that you update your account information regularly, and as soon as possible if something important changes (e.g. your address or income or outgoings). You can update your information in the “My Details” section of your TotallyMoney account, and we’ll sometimes give you a nudge to do so when you log in. If you are not sure how to amend your information, please email us – email@example.com.
Your Borrowing Power
We work with Experian Ltd (“Experian”) to give you a unique score, known as your Borrowing Power. Your Borrowing Power is an indication of the credit available to you at a given time. If Experian can find your credit history, we calculate your Borrowing Power:
- at the time you first register for an account with us;
- whenever you log in to our website or app; and
- once a month while your account is live, to let you know if your Borrowing Power is changing.
We’ll show you your current Borrowing Power as a score out of ten, in your account. We’ll also send you a monthly service email to tell you about any changes to your Borrowing Power. We’ll use your Borrowing Power to show you tailored information about products that might be available to you. See ‘Tailored Offers’ below for more information about this. We reserve the right to stop calculating your Borrowing Power on a monthly basis if your account is inactive for 12 months or more.
Your credit report and credit score
3.4.1. Our relationship with the credit reference agencies
We work together with credit reference agencies to make our services available to you. A credit reference agency is a company that collects personal information from various sources and provides that personal information to banks and financial institutions to help them make credit decisions. A credit report shows you the information that a credit reference agency holds about you. We have appointed:
- Experian to conduct pre-screening searches and eligibility checking; and
- TransUnion International UK Limited (“TransUnion”) to supply credit reporting and scoring for the credit report service.
The partners we work with may also use credit reference agencies when they assess your eligibility.
3.4.2. Powered by TransUnion
Our credit report service is powered by TransUnion. This means that we share some of the personal information you give us with TransUnion and its subcontractors so that they can search their own and third-party databases to find information they hold about you, and to tell you whether they are able to provide you with a credit report through TotallyMoney.
When we check whether TransUnion is able to provide you with a credit report and when we retrieve your credit report and credit score from TransUnion, we are making a subject access request under Article 15 of the GDPR to TransUnion, on your behalf.
By creating an account with us:
- you appoint us to act as your agent and representative in accessing and retrieving your credit report and credit score on an ongoing basis, for as long as your TotallyMoney account is open, from TransUnion as a credit reference agency;
- TransUnion as a credit reference agency shall be entitled to rely on this agency and related authorisation granted by you to us;
- you instruct us, on an ongoing basis without needing your further express permission, to submit (as your agent) a request for access to your credit history information to TransUnion, in accordance with your statutory rights under data protection legislation, for the purpose of providing our services to you.
For details of how we use your credit report data and credit score data, see our Privacy Notice.
3.4.3. Authenticating you for a credit report
When you sign up for a TotallyMoney account, we’ll may use your account data to check whether TransUnion is able to provide you with a free credit report and credit score. If we are going to do this check, we will make it clear to you in the sign up terms that are shown to you before you create your account.
You will need to successfully pass an authentication process before we can show you your credit report and credit score. The authentication process is designed and operated by TransUnion, not by TotallyMoney.
You may not successfully pass authentication. This may be because TransUnion:
- is not able to match your personal information to the correct credit report; or
- doesn’t hold enough credit information on you to create a credit report.
TotallyMoney and TransUnion are not required to tell you why you haven’t been successfully authenticated, whatever the reason.
Whilst we do everything we can to avoid asking you for credit card details, you may be asked by TransUnion to confirm your credit card details, as an anti-fraud measure. If you are asked to confirm your credit card details, you will be confirming them to TransUnion only and not to us.
3.4.4. Updates to your credit report and credit score
If you pass the authentication process (as above) and we are able to provide you with your free credit report and credit score, we’ll show you your credit report and credit score in your account.
We’ll ask for your credit score data from TransUnion each time that you log into your account, so that we can provide you with a live score. Your score is updated each time you sign in.
While your account is open, we’ll also ask TransUnion for your credit report and credit score data once a month, so that we can update your credit report and credit score. This means that your credit report is updated once a month. We’ll send you a monthly email as a reminder that we have got your credit report and score data from TransUnion. We reserve the right to stop updating your credit report and credit score on a monthly basis if your account is inactive for 12 months or more.
We use your credit report data to personalise and improve the service. For more details, see our Privacy Notice.
3.4.5. Incorrect information in your credit report
It is TransUnion, not us, who coordinates making changes to credit report data. If you wish to dispute the accuracy of anything shown in your credit report, please use the “raise a dispute” buttons in the “My Credit Report” area of your account to raise a dispute directly with TransUnion. If you have any questions about your credit report, please contact us in the first instance.
3.4.6. What happens if we can’t find your credit history
We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to provide your free credit report or credit score. This is because you might not be found by the credit reference agencies or partners that we work with - for example, if you are new to the UK, or have a very limited credit history. In those cases, we’ll present information that could help you to understand how to improve your chances of being found in future.
3.5.1 Product offers
We’ll show you credit cards, loans, mortgages and other products for consumers.
Your results for credit products are based on our “Match Factor” algorithm, which considers factors such as:
- your credit profile;
- your eligibility score;
- the features of the products; and
- lender reliability.
We sort your offers based on their features and the information that you have provided. Although we may be paid commission, this never influences how your offers are ranked.
3.5.2. Eligibility checks
We check your eligibility for products. We contact Experian and certain partners (who in turn may contact credit reference agencies). They use the information you provide to analyse your eligibility for products using their databases and their knowledge of the acceptance criteria for products (“eligibility checks”). An eligibility check isn’t an application for credit, and it won’t harm your credit rating. By checking your eligibility for a product on our website or app, you are not committing to make an application for that product. If you want to apply for a product you find on our website or app, we’ll pass you through to the relevant partner.
3.5.3. Our relationship with partners
We work with partners to present their products and related offers to you, and to allow you to apply for products on the partners’ websites.
Not all partners featured on our website and app provide eligibility information, so you might see products listed that have no information about your likelihood of being accepted for them. Even if your tailored results indicate that you are likely to be accepted for a product, this is not a guarantee that you will be accepted. The partner is entirely responsible for deciding whether to accept you, using its own acceptance criteria. The exception is where we indicate that you are “pre-approved” for a credit product (e.g. for a credit card or loan). In those cases you are definitely eligible for the product, but your application is still subject to passing the relevant lender or credit broker’s checks, for example fraud, ID, vehicle checks and responsible lending checks. See ‘Pre-approval’ below for more information about this.
3.5.4. We’ll pre-populate partner application forms for you
If you click to apply for a certain product, we sometimes pass your information to that partner to pre-populate the application form and to make the process quicker for you.
3.5.5. What happens if you are an existing customer of a partner
When a partner assesses your eligibility for products, it may also tell us if you are an existing customer because that fact might influence your eligibility for additional products from the same partner. Being an existing customer could reduce your eligibility for additional products from that partner, or it might mean that you are pre-selected to see additional offers. It depends on the partner’s policies.
3.5.6. What partners tell us about your application
If you leave our website and app to apply for a product with a partner, the partner may tell us later if your application was successful, referred or declined. We use that information to:
- calculate the commissions that we are due;
- to personalise the service to you;
- to send you service messages (for example, if an energy supplier declines your application to switch, we will email you to tell you why, and what to do next);
- to help us understand our customers, to improve our service and to inform our marketing strategy (i.e. research and development).
3.5.7. Third party brokers
The specialist credit brokers we currently work with are:
London & Country
Evolution Funding Limited trading as My Car Credit
NB Evolution acts on behalf of a number of specialist lenders, including Paragon Car Finance (Paragon Bank plc), Moneybarn (Moneybarn No.1 Limited) and Evolution Loans Ltd.
Used Car Sites Ltd trading as AA Car Finance
Zuto Limited trading as Zuto
247 Money Group Limited and CarFinance 247 trading as Car Finance 247
From time to time we may test different mortgage and loan brokers, but will we always make it clear who we are introducing you to.
3.5.8. Pre-approval for credit products
We may tell you that you are ‘pre-approved’ or that you have ‘100% chance of acceptance’ for a credit product. These are general terms used by lenders and eligibility checking services to show that, based on the information you have provided, you are eligible for a credit product. But it is never a guarantee that you will get the credit product if you apply, because all applications remain subject to the relevant partner’s own checks, for example fraud, ID, vehicle checks and responsible lending checks. Your application may still be rejected.
At TotallyMoney, we make a distinction between ‘pre-approved’ and ‘card/loan approved’.
When we say you are ‘pre-approved’ or that you have ‘100% chance of acceptance’, it means that:
- you are eligible for the relevant credit product at the headline rates and terms advertised;
- provided that the information you provided to us is correct and accurate, and
- provided that you pass the lender or credit broker’s own checks.
As part of these checks, some lenders may require you to give your consent to allow access to your financial information via open banking integrations with your bank or building society. A lender may decline a pre-approved application due to ‘responsible lending’ reasons if your financial information indicates that you show signs of vulnerability.
When we say you are ‘card approved’, it means that:
- you are eligible for the relevant credit product but not a specific rate or balance transfer term (e.g. the partner might offer you a different interest rate or balance transfer term to the headline offer);
- provided that the information you provided to us is correct and accurate, and
- provided that you pass the lender or credit broker’s own checks.
In card or loan approved cases, the lender will tell you the interest rate or other repayment terms they can offer you as part of your application process. Again, a ‘card approved’ or ‘loan approved’ offer isn’t guaranteed.
We include notices throughout our website and app to explain what pre-approved means in the context of the particular product.
Energy comparison and switching service
Our energy comparison and switching service is powered by Decision Technologies Limited, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 05341159 with its registered address at First Floor, High Holborn House 52-54 High Holborn London WC1V 6RL (“Decision Tech”).
- provides us with information to help you complete your energy profile (for example, your meter numbers);
- tells us what energy tariffs are available to you, so that we can show you your energy results;
- hosts and processes your application to switch;
- helps us to answer customer queries about our energy comparison and switching service;
- tells us whether your switch was completed.
For more information about Decision Tech’s services, please read their Terms and Conditions.
We sort the energy tariffs we show you based on price, plus any filter you’ve applied. For example, you can choose to filter tariffs so that you only see fixed tariffs or tariffs from the ‘big six’ suppliers. Although we are paid a commission if you switch energy supplier, this commission never influences how your tariffs are ranked.
If you choose to switch energy suppliers, the energy supplier you are switching to will provide you with the terms and conditions for your new energy tariff. The energy supplier will also carry out their own security and credit checks. Any full credit check carried out by an energy supplier (also known as a ‘hard’ search) will be visible on your credit file to all lenders in the future.
What happens when you apply for a product?
We can’t influence partner decisions about you. If you want to apply for a product, you can do so by following the link from the website or app to the relevant partner’s website.
We don’t control the partner’s website, so we can’t be responsible for any personal data that the partner collects, stores and uses through their website without our involvement. You should always read the privacy notice of each website you visit carefully and before you submit any personal data to the partner.
If you apply, you will then be subject to the relevant partner’s terms, including its privacy notice. The partner will provide you with the terms for that product. The partner will also carry out its own identification and validation checks (including fraud prevention procedures) and credit application checks in accordance with its own criteria. In the case of car finance, your application may also be subject to car checks.
Any full credit check carried out by any partner (also known as a ‘hard search’) will be visible on your credit file to all lenders in the future.
Soft searches and 'footprints' on your credit file
Some of our services involve soft searching your credit file. A soft search is like a quick peek at your credit file. Soft searches will not harm your credit rating or affect the way lenders see you.
TotallyMoney and its partners will soft search you while your account is live, to provide you with updates and personalised information and offers. For example, TotallyMoney and its partners will soft search your credit file with TransUnion and other credit reference agencies:
- to calculate and update your Borrowing Power;
- to create and update your free credit report, if you have one;
- to match you with offers for which you are likely to be eligible; and
- to analyse your financial situation, so that we can find other products and services you may be interested in.
You may see these soft searches as ‘footprints’ on your credit report in either our name or the name of one of the partners or credit reference agencies that we work with. Soft searches on your credit file will be given different markings, depending on their purpose, such as:
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Consumer Credit File Request
- Identity Check
- Quotation/Preliminary Search
You may see multiple footprints on your credit file because soft searches will be carried out:
- when you first sign up for our services;
- when you log in;
- when you go to the offers section of your account;
- when you check or refresh your offers (e.g. when you click on ‘view card’ or ‘find loans’);
- in the background on a monthly basis to refresh your Borrowing Power, credit report and credit score (we reserve the right to suspend these monthly searches if your account is inactive for 12 months or more).
Here are some examples of footprints you might see on your credit file as a result of using our services:
- Avant Credit Of Up Llc (Cval Sr, Sa, Ct)
- Avant Credit Of Uk Llc (Sr Api)
- Barclaycard (Sa Cval Tar Cosmos)
- Barclaycard (Online) Price Comparison (Ar Api)
- Bamboo Limited (Cval Tac Cr R)
- Bamboo Limited (Cr Api)
- Car Finance 247
- Evolution Funding
- Hitachi Capital (Uk) Plc – Price Comparison - Hdd
- Lendable Limited
- Likely Loans
- Likely Loans (TotallyMoney.com)
- Madison Cf Uk LTD T/A 118 118 Money (Cval Sr Tac)
- My Car Credit
- Norton Finance and Mortgages
- Oakbrook Finance
- Retail Money Market Limited T/A Ratesetter.Com
- Retail Money Market Limited T/A Ratesetter.Com Sr
- Shawbrook Bank Limited (Sr, Tac, Cval, Sa, Cosmos)
- Shawbrook Bank Limited Consumer Lending
- Totallymoney Limited (Cval)
- Totallymoney.com with Capital One
- Vanquis Bank Limited (Sa Sr, Ct, Tac, Cval)
- Vanquis Hdd Price Comparison (Ar Api)
- Zopa Limited (Tac)
- Zopa Ltd.
If we run a trial with a potential supplier and partner and we need to use real rather than dummy or anonymous data for the test to be effective you may see a footprint relating to that trial on your credit file.
See our Privacy Notice for more details.
Using our services
By using our services, you confirm that:
- you’re at least 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom;
- you will only use our services and materials (e.g. content from our website, app or emails, referred to in these terms together as the “related materials”) in your own name, for personal and non-commercial purposes;
- you won’t allow anyone else to use your account, either for their own purposes or on your behalf.
You may download or store the related materials on your device, but by doing so you acknowledge that downloading related materials removes the security protection afforded by the website and app, which may increase your risk of identity theft, fraud or other disclosure of your personal data. You may print a reasonable number of copies of the related materials for your own personal use.
You must not:
- misuse the website or app by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website or app, the server on which they are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to them;
- harm the website or app by a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- scrape, extract, download, upload, sell or offer for sale any of the website or app or the related materials;
- use, or cause to be used, any computerized or other manual or automated program or mechanism, tool, or process, including any scraper or spider robot, to access, extract, download, scrape, data mine, display, transmit, or publish, any of the website or app or the related materials whether for commercial benefit or otherwise;
- bypass robot exclusion headers or other similar measures that we may use to restrict access to, or caching of, the website or app or the related materials;
- distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the related materials (including as part of any database, information, archive, website or similar service) other than as set out above.
If you do any of these acts, you may commit a criminal offence. We’ll report any criminal acts to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we’ll co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. If you do any of these acts, your right to use the website and app ceases immediately from the time of the relevant act.
Ownership of our website, app and related materials
You acknowledge and agree that:
- We or our licensors own all intellectual property and other proprietary rights in and to the website and app and the related materials; and
- TransUnion and their licensors assert ownership of certain intellectual property rights in the credit report.
Our right to use your information
When you use our services we need to use the information you provide to us on the website or app and information which is obtained in response to your use of the services so that we can provide, personalise and improve the website and app and the services. For more information about how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.
Access to your account
You can access your account using your email address and password. You must not share your username or password with anybody else or let anybody else use your account.
You agree to:
- keep your username and password secure;
- be fully responsible for all use of the website or app using your username and password;
- log out of your website and app account at the end of each session; and
- let us know immediately if you suspect or become aware of anyone else using your username and password or any other breach of security, by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible for:
- setting up your device to access the website or app, including using your own virus protection software; and
- ensuring that you comply with local laws if you choose to access the website or app from outside the United Kingdom.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- We may temporarily or permanently suspend your access to some, or all, of the website and/or app, the related materials and/or the services without notice;
- We may update the website and/or app and the services made available through the website and/or app at any time in our sole discretion;
- We try to make sure that the website and app are available 24 hours a day, but we don’t guarantee that they or any related materials will always be available or uninterrupted;
- We accept no liability for any losses, damages or costs that arise from or relate to the website or app or any related materials being unavailable at any time or for any period; and
- We don’t guarantee that the website or app or related materials will be free from bugs, viruses or malicious code.
Third party content and links
We try to make sure that the content provided by our contracted third-party suppliers is accurate and complete. However, we can’t guarantee that it is completely accurate because some of this information comes from other businesses, which in turn get the information from other sources such as the electoral register, insurance companies or financial institutions. We and our contracted third-party suppliers are not liable for inaccuracies in the data provided to us by third parties.
Please note that we can’t correct information on your credit report. You can challenge incorrect information on your credit report using the “raise a dispute” function in your account. This will allow you to raise the dispute directly with TransUnion, who provide the credit report data.
Links on the website and app to third party websites and resources are provided solely for your information and convenience. By providing the links we don’t approve, endorse or make any representations about any such third-party websites or any material found on them or your use of that material. If you use these links, you leave the website and app. You access third-party websites and resources entirely at your own risk.
Relying on information that we provide
Any information provided to you by us as part of the services is provided for guidance and information only. You should not rely on the information provided as part of services and neither we nor any credit reference agency (including in the case of the credit report service, TransUnion or any member of the TransUnion group of companies) are responsible or liable to you if you rely on it or take any action based upon it.
The fact that you have a good credit score does not mean that a partner will accept your application, and they have their own acceptance criteria and responsible lending policies.
Third party products
We are not responsible for:
- the products provided by third parties that are featured on our website or app (e.g. credit cards, loans, energy deals etc.); or
- for any contract you enter into with a third party as a result of using the services.
If you have any problems with the products featured on our website or app, you should contact the product provider directly.
Linking to our website or app
You may link to the website or app only with our express prior written consent. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this with us.
Limitations on liability
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the website and app, the related materials or the services are accurate, complete or up to date or fit for your purpose. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and the TotallyMoney group (by which we mean TotallyMoney Group Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries) expressly exclude all guarantees conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity to the website and app, the related materials and the services, whether express or implied.
6.1.2. Legal liabilities
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits the TotallyMoney group’s liability for: death or personal injury arising from our negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability that can’t be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6.1.3. Limited loss types
Subject to section 6.1.2. above, the TotallyMoney group shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage, however arising, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any third party through the website or app or otherwise;
- the website or app, the related materials or the services being unable to be used or unavailable for use for any reason;
- any losses, damages or costs that arise from or relate to you failing to comply with the terms;
- any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material, due to your use of the website or app, downloading material from the website or app or visiting a website linked to the website or app;
any loss or damage whether direct or indirect for:
- loss if income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of or damage to data.
6.1.4. Limited loss amounts
Subject to sections 6.1.2. and 6.1.3. above, as your access to the website and app and the services is free, the TotallyMoney group’s total aggregate liability for any losses and/or damage suffered by you that arise from or relate to your use of the website and app, the related materials and the services (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) will be limited to one hundred pounds Sterling (£100) unless otherwise agreed in writing by us.
6.1.5. Accepted loss types
Subject to sections 6.1.2., 6.1.3. and 6.1.4. above, the TotallyMoney group shall only be liable to you for your losses or damages caused by us or our employees or subcontractors in circumstances where there is a breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us, our employees or subcontractors and that loss or damage was contemplated by you and us when you accepted these terms or is an obvious consequence of our breach of that duty, but we shall not be liable for any increase to your loss or damage arising from or relating to your actions.
Duration of the services
6.2.1. Suspending your account
If we believe that:
- you haven’t complied with any of these terms;
- you are misusing any services (for example by using the credit report services in a way that isn’t permitted or that is fraudulent); or
- that your use of the website or app is in any way detrimental to us or TransUnion; or
- your use of the website or app is likely to be a security risk;
we may in our sole discretion suspend your access to the website and app or any part thereof without notice.
6.2.2. Terminating your account
At any time, with or without cause, we may terminate your agreement with us and your ability to use the website and app, the related materials or the services immediately by giving you written notice (including by email) to any of your contact addresses which you have provided to us. We may notify the credit reference agencies we work with if we terminate your agreement in this way.
6.2.3. End of use
You can stop using the website and app and the services at any time by closing your account. You can close your account by going to the “My Details” section of your account or bycontacting us. If you do close your account, we can’t give you access to it again. If you stop using our credit report service you may not be able to create a new credit report service account with us, due to restrictions put in place by the credit reference agencies.
In these terms:
- the headings used don’t affect the interpretation of the terms;
- unless specified otherwise, use of the singular includes the plural;
- use of the words, includes or including means without limitation and the use of these words shall not limit the meaning of the general words.
Each part of the provisions of these terms is severable. If any part of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that part shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable and the remainder of these terms will remain valid and enforceable.
Save as expressly provided in these terms, nothing in these terms is intended to give any person any right to enforce any term of these terms which right would not exist without the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of our obligations under these terms if the delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We may, but you may not, assign or otherwise transfer any of the respective rights or obligations of each of us under these terms.
No failure or delay by us to exercise any right provided to us in these terms or by law shall be a waiver by us of that or any other right, nor shall it restrict us from exercising that or any other right. No single or partial exercise of any right by us shall restrict the further exercise of that or any other right.
These terms constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in relation to their subject matter and your use of the website, the app and the services. Other than in circumstances of fraud, all previous agreements, undertakings, representations, warranties, promises and arrangements between you and us relating to the subject matter of these terms or your use of the website, the app or the services are superseded.
These terms and your use of the website and app, the related materials and the services are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Any disputes (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
How to contact us
Details of changes to these Terms
|Version||Date||Details of Changes|
References to Media Ingenuity Limited changed to TotallyMoney Limited to reflect name change of company number 06205695.
Paragraph 3.6 amended to include links to the Experian and Callcredit terms applicable to data processed in connection with TotallyMoney services.
Amendments to clarify that (a) lenders may inform us when a user is their existing customer; and (b) lender eligibility assessments may be carried out when a customer logs into their account.
Paragraph 3.8 amended to refer to Capital One QuickCheck T&Cs.
Amendments to reflect the closure of Intelligent Alerts Service as a standalone, non-account service, replaced by the Eligibility Check Service, which does not require registration.
Updated to reflect requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Amended to reflect the requirement for new customers to register for TotallyMoney services, and to record the closure of the intelligent alerts service.
Updated references to Callcredit to become references to TransUnion (Callcredit change of name).
General update. Ts&Cs reworded to be clearer.
Added/updated information about: energy comparison and switching service; specialist credit brokers that we work with; new credit report check (found/not found) on account sign up; footprints; change of name of TotallyMoney group parent company from UBIK Holdings Limited to TotallyMoney Group Holdings Limited
Amended to reflect that TotallyMoney stopped providing eligibility checking services for customers of Credit Karma on 28 January 2020.
Updated information on credit brokers that we work with in table in section 3.5.7. Updated list of footprints in section 4. Removed links to bespoke Credit Karma privacy notice and Ts&Cs (service discontinued 28 January 2020).
Updated information on pre-approval in sections 3.5.3 and 3.5.8 to include details of responsible lending checks (including lender asking for consent to allow access to customer’s financial information via open banking integrations with the customer’s bank or building society).