Moving out of london? Discover your best commuter options
New research by TotallyMoney.com shows the best commuter town options for buying outside but still working in the capital. If it’s time to make the move out of London and get on the property ladder, you might need to seriously consider moving to one of the numerous commuter towns that sit in, around and outside the greenbelt. With the average deposit needed to buy a place in London now at a staggering £91,000, many buyers have simply been priced out of the market. However, it’s more than possible to live outside the city where property is more affordable and make the daily commute to work. Making the calculations to find out which commutes are the shortest and how this measures up to property prices and season ticket costs can be tricky. That’s where the new research from TotallyMoney.com comes in. The tool has compared average house prices in various orbital towns with commute times to discover the best places to live for those considering a move out of the city. TotallyMoney.com used this to create an interactive map, so that you can visually compare your commuter options and discover the best town for you. Some of the findings of the research make for interesting reading. The tool discovered that:
- With average house prices at £346,197 and commute times as low as 30 minutes; High Wycombe tops the list of commuter town potential.
- Also in the top ten were Woking, Staines, Amersham and Gerrards Cross.
- At the other end of the scale, Bishop’s Stortford with lengthy commutes props up the league table.
Average Disposable Income Per Head. Per Year
Outer London North & West
Moving out of London is all about improving quality of life. If investing in the city is out of reach, it is possible to find great value and convenient commute times in the same place. Leave the rat race, save money and get that all-important foot on the property ladder. Of course, there are other factors involved in making a life changing decision like this, but the TotallyMoney.com map will let you compare your preferred destination with plenty of others to see how it measures up. This could be an invaluable tool for helping you to narrow down your search or might just lead you to consider areas you had previously overlooked. The search starts here. Notes for editors: About TotallyMoney.com TotallyMoney.com are the UK’s credit eligibility and comparison specialists. They are committed to helping people get accepted when it matters. They’ve simplified the credit card comparison process and eligibility checking service to put you back in control of your options. Using their tools, you can now compare more than 140 credit cards from the UK’s leading lenders. Methodology of rankings On the overall map, for each location we assigned a score out of 40 based on the 4 available metrics. Each metric is scored between 1 to 10 as seen below using a linear equation.
Therefore, for High Wycombe the following score is calculated
Each location is then ranked from 1st to 89th based on it’s total score out of 40. When using individual filters, the data is reranked based on either a score out of 10 (due to 1 metric) or 20 (due to 2 metrics).
For more information, please contact James McCaffrey
- Free credit report providers and credit experts, TotallyMoney, are on a mission to improve the UK’s credit score and help people move on up to a better future.
- TotallyMoney launched its free credit report in late 2017, and today has 3 million customers.
- TotallyMoney is the highest rated free credit report provider on Trustpilot. They are also 2018, 2019 and 2020 winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at Moneynet’s Personal Finance Awards, showing recognition from both its customers, as well as within the wider industry.
- TotallyMoney is backed by Elliott Advisors (UK) and Scottish Equity Partners (SEP), following a £29 million investment announced in January 2019.
- TotallyMoney is also a Sunday Times Best Company as well as a UK’s Best Workplace 2019.