London’s Commuter Hotspots: New Research Finds The Capital’s Best Commuter Towns
Londoners have to deal with the financial pressures of living in the one of the world’s most expensive cities, which is why many choose to relocate to the suburbs and commute into the city. TotallyMoney.com has looked into the towns surrounding London to find the best commuter hotspots. The towns have been ranked on factors including travel time to London by train, cost of a season ticket, life satisfaction and house prices. The research found Swanley in Kent to be London’s best commuter town, closely followed by Bushey in Hertfordshire. If you’re looking to move out of London to Weybridge then you might want to reconsider, as this was found to be the least attractive commuter town. Head over to www.totallymoney.com/commuter-hotspots/information to see London’s best 25 commuter towns as well as a full breakdown of the research. TotallyMoney.com has also created an interactive tool that lets you find your perfect commuter town by imputing how much you are willing to spend on a season ticket, how long you want you commute to be and the amount you are willing to spend on a home. For many potential commuters, house prices will dictate where they move to. Here are the commuter towns with the cheapest and most expensive average house prices. Joe Gardiner, Head of Brand and Communications at TotallyMoney.com, said of the research: "Like so many decisions in life, finding the perfect place you can call home is about balancing what's important to you. Our research has found that more affordable housing and a greater overall satisfaction with life is a powerful draw for people looking to get out of London. So, if you're willing spend a little longer on the train on your morning commute, you might find that your ideal location lies outside the M25 in one of the table-topping towns of Kent or Hertfordshire."
For more information, please contact James McCaffrey
- Free credit report providers and credit experts, TotallyMoney, are on a mission to improve the UK’s credit score and help people move on up to a better future.
- TotallyMoney launched its free credit report in late 2017, and today has 3 million customers.
- TotallyMoney is the highest rated free credit report provider on Trustpilot. They are also 2018, 2019 and 2020 winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at Moneynet’s Personal Finance Awards, showing recognition from both its customers, as well as within the wider industry.
- TotallyMoney is backed by Elliott Advisors (UK) and Scottish Equity Partners (SEP), following a £29 million investment announced in January 2019.
- TotallyMoney is also a Sunday Times Best Company as well as a UK’s Best Workplace 2019.