TotallyMoney appoints Liz Afolabi as People Director
ByAug 25th 2021
TotallyMoney, the credit app built to help people move their money forwards and achieve their financial goals, is excited to announce the appointment of Liz Afolabi as its People Director.
- Liz joins from People & Culture consultancy Unleashed, where she supported a number of high-growth startups to create thriving businesses and great places to work
- TotallyMoney is Best Companies’ fifth best place in financial services to work, with a three-star accreditation that reflects 'world class' levels of workplace engagement
- With Liz’s appointment, TotallyMoney aims to supercharge its hiring plans, aiming to grow the team by 19% in 2021
The fintech continues to scale as it approaches four million customers, and has a focus on continuing to attract the very best people to further develop its award-winning app.
Moving TotallyMoney forwards
Based in London’s Old Street tech hub, TotallyMoney is building a product that genuinely helps its customers improve their finances. The company believes this is only possible with a great culture and an engaged, ambitious workforce.
TotallyMoney has almost four million customers and is rated as 4.6/5 on Trustpilot – making it the UK’s top-rated credit report provider. Its service has also been recognised by the industry, crowned Best Credit Report Provider by Moneynet four years running.
The company aims to be one of the best places to work in the UK. It was ranked as the 34th best mid-sized company to work for by Best Companies, as well the fifth best in finance across the UK, and is officially a world class company to work for.
The 2021 Best Companies survey found that 95% of TotallyMoney’s staff agreed that they “loved working for this organisation” and 92% agreed that “this job is good for my own personal growth”.
From Unleashed, to TotallyMoney
Liz Afolabi joins TotallyMoney’s management team from Unleashed, where she spent two and a half years building productive, engaged and high-performing teams for a number of UK and international businesses.
Many companies have benefitted from Liz’s experience, knowledge and skills, including Suvera, SimplyCook, Columbia Lake Partners, Healthily and Decoded. Additionally, Liz has coached leaders and founders on how to effectively develop, mentor & motivate high-performing teams.
Liz is an ICF certified Leadership & Personal Coach, has a qualification as a Mental Health First Aider, and is currently studying towards a postgraduate degree in Coaching.
Liz’s key responsibilities will include TotallyMoney’s People strategy and all aspects of the employee experience, helping the business on its goal to be the best place to work.
On her appointment as People Director at TotallyMoney, Liz Afolabi said:
“I’m delighted and excited to be joining TotallyMoney and to be working with such a wonderful and award-winning team.
“TotallyMoney’s mission to help people move their money forwards so they can achieve their financial goals really resonates, and I’m looking forward to enabling the team — so they can support even more customers as the business embarks on this exciting phase of growth.”
TotallyMoney CEO, Alastair Douglas, comments:
“I’m delighted that Liz is joining TotallyMoney as People Director as we supercharge our hiring and growth plans for the rest of 2021 and into 2022. It comes at a very exciting time, following our recent 3 Star accreditation from Best Companies.
“I fully believe that building a great product for our customers starts with having a world class working culture and employee engagement. I believe Liz is the person to achieve even better things for us going forward.
“We are eager to see how Liz makes the role her own and excited to see the impact she has on our mission to help our customers move their money forwards.”
For more information, please contact the press team
- TotallyMoney is the credit app built to help people move forward and achieve their financial goals
- It’s the only credit app that provides customers with their live credit score for free
- Almost 4 million customers have already signed up to TotallyMoney, and its service is rated 4.6/5 on TrustPilot
- TotallyMoney is the UK’s 5th best financial services company to work for, with a 3 star accreditation that reflects ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement