The cost of your bucket list
People are willing to spend up to £10,000 on their bucket list on average, new research has revealed. A survey exploring bucket list budgets revealed respondents would be willing to part with between £5,000 and £10,000 on completing their travel goals. But with the cost of completing the ‘top 10 bucket list activities’ coming in at a whopping £18,519 (at an average cost per activity of £1851.90), that would only be enough to complete five bucket list items. Going on safari (£5,600) and walking the Great Wall of China (£1,139) both appeared in the top five bucket list activities. And visiting the Grant Canyon (£1,181), going whale watching (£2,000) and taking an American road trip (£3,365) also made the top ten wish-list. Joe Gardiner, Head of Brand and Communications for TotallyMoney.com, said: “We all have a bucket list, but many of us probably don’t take the time to work out how much it would cost to complete. “If you’re serious about getting everything done before you kick the bucket, then that’s where you have to start.” The thrifty and frugal, however, can start working towards completing their bucket list right now by choosing one of the three free activities on the list. Starring as an extra in a movie, writing a novel and running a marathon can all be completed without costing a penny. In the meantime, big dreamers can try a new bucket list calculator to find out how much you need to set aside. Using the definitive top 50 bucket list, TotallyMoney.com compiled a smart bucket list calculator which gives users the ability to pick their own ultimate activities from amongst the world’s favourites. The tool then calculates the total cost of users’ individual bucket lists, before presenting them with the percentage of their salary they will need to save in order to achieve their dreams, based on whether they have two, five or ten years to stockpile funds. Joe added: “Planning ahead and staying on top of your finances is essential if you’re going to get the most bang for your buck, especially when it comes to travelling and life experiences.” The Top 10 Bucket List Activities 1 See the Northern Lights (average cost: £572) 2 Go on safari (average cost: £5,600) 3 Walk the Great Wall of China (average cost: £1,139) 4 Visit the Grand Canyon (average cost: £1,181) 5 Go on a cruise (average cost: £1,338) 6 See the Egyptian Pyramids (average cost: £1,112) 7 Go whale watching (average cost: £2,000) 8 Spend New Year’s Eve in New York (average cost: £1,103) 9 Gamble in Las Vegas (average cost: £1,109) 10 Take an American road trip (average cost: £3,365) See the top 20 bucket list activities here - https://www.totallymoney.com/cost-of-bucket-list/infographic/
For more information, please contact James McCaffrey
- Free credit report providers and credit experts, TotallyMoney, are on a mission to improve the UK’s credit score and help people move on up to a better future.
- TotallyMoney launched its free credit report in late 2017, and today has 3 million customers.
- TotallyMoney is the highest rated free credit report provider on Trustpilot. They are also 2018, 2019 and 2020 winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at Moneynet’s Personal Finance Awards, showing recognition from both its customers, as well as within the wider industry.
- TotallyMoney is backed by Elliott Advisors (UK) and Scottish Equity Partners (SEP), following a £29 million investment announced in January 2019.
- TotallyMoney is also a Sunday Times Best Company as well as a UK’s Best Workplace 2019.