Skip to main content

Protect the things that make your house, home

Protect the things that make your house, home

Ideal for renters, contents insurance from M&S Home Insurance covers your possessions in case of theft, loss or damage

Marks and Spencers - Defaqto 5 Star Rated Home Insurance

Why contents insurance matters

Protect the things you love

Laptops, bikes, TVs, clothes — it’s all covered

Life happens — ready or not

Cover your possessions against theft, fire, flooding and more

Great for renters

If you want to cover your possessions, it’s up to tenants to get contents insurance

Pick up where you left off

When accidents happen, nobody wants to be without their most important possessions for long.

Contents cover from M&S Home Insurance gives you the cover you need, helping you repair or replace your items in case of theft, loss or damage. That way, you can get back to normality.

    M&S Home Insurance has your back

    Here’s what’s included with contents cover from M&S Home Insurance:

    What’s covered?

    • Unlimited contents cover with a premier policy (inner limits apply)

    • Cover for your contents up to £100,000 with standard policies (inner limits apply)

    • Automatic accidental damage cover included with premier policies

    • Cover for fire, flood and escape of water

    • New for old replacement items

    • Cover for your valuables, up to £15,000 per item (premier policies)

    • Pay monthly at no extra cost

    What isn’t covered?

    • Damage caused by wet rot or dry rot

    • Damage caused by wear and tear

    • Damage or theft if your home has been unoccupied for 90 days in a row or longer

    Renting? This could be for you.

    The sofa, your laptop, that coffee table from your mother-in-law — just because you don’t own your property, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t protect the stuff inside. After all, one day you could be taking it to your forever home!

    If you want to cover your posessions, it’s up to tenants to provide content insurance. So it could be worth taking out a policy — especially if you don’t want to end up back at square one.

      Need to know

      Cover limits will be lower with a Standard policy. Please ensure you read the policy booklet for full details and to check this policy meets your needs. There are key policy exclusions, limitations and other conditions. For example, M&S Home Insurance does not cover loss or damage resulting from wear and tear, wet rot or dry rot. M&S Home Insurance is only available to people who live in the UK. M&S Home Insurance cannot offer home insurance to customers or properties residing in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. Your property will not be left unoccupied for more than 90 consecutive days. Your property is not listed. Your home does not have a thatched roof. No person to be insured has any unspent criminal convictions (excluding Motor offenses) or prosecutions pending.

      M&S Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.

      Minimum £100 excess.

      Protect your world with M&S Home Insurance

      Get a quote for contents insurance today

      M&S Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Terms and conditions apply.

      Claims are handled by Aviva Insurance Limited. Customers can claim online or by calling the Aviva claims team. Lines are open 24 hours a day.

      This is the amount of money you will need to pay if you make a claim. M&S Home Insurance has an excess of £100 and you can choose to increase the excess and receive a discount on your premium. An excess of at least £450 will apply to escape of water claims. This will be increased if you have chosen a higher voluntary excess.

      You need to make sure that the cover limits with an M&S Home Insurance policy are sufficient for your needs.

      We're on a mission to help everyone move their finances forward and gain financial momentum.

      TotallyMoney is an independent credit broker, not a lender. Our comparison service works with most leading lenders, covering the majority of the market. Though we may be paid a fee by lenders or brokers this never influences how our products are ranked.

      We don't provide financial advice. Product information is obtained from independent sources and rates displayed may vary depending on your personal circumstances. While we make every effort to ensure that information is up to date, you should always confirm the terms of the offer with the product provider.

      TotallyMoney is owned and operated by TotallyMoney Limited which is registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 06205695). TotallyMoney Limited is an Appointed Representative of TM Connect Limited, which is registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 06967012) and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of consumer credit related activities (FCA FRN: 511936). Registered Office: 5th Floor, Halo, Counterslip, Bristol, BS1 6AJ. Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over.

      We use cookies as described in our Cookie Policy. Continue browsing or click to accept.