TotallyMoney is looking for a talented front-end developer to join us on a permanent basis to help build, maintain, and take ownership of our live credit score products. The ideal candidate will have proven commercial experience developing SPAs with React, as well as mobile apps using React Native.
We’re a technology-driven credit comparison platform that challenges lenders to create a fairer market for consumers. We consist of around 50 marketers, developers and business developers who are on a journey to building the most sophisticated credit platform in the UK which will ensure that everyone can get access to the best credit options possible.
Our offices are based near Old Street Station, positioning us between the cutting-edge start-ups of Shoreditch and the forward-looking financial institutions on the fringe of the City. We've also got one of London's best street food markets and some of the greatest coffee shops right on our doorstep!
You’ll have a healthy interest in all kinds of tech, will want to release code every day, and be enthusiastic about adopting new technologies. We develop online tools to help customers find the best credit products available to them, and you’ll be contributing to that from your first day in the office.
In addition to your technical experience you’ll be methodical and analytical in your approach to work. You will want to go fast and will not fear responsibility or failure, have a strong desire to learn, develop every day, and to continue to try out new things. Perhaps the most satisfying thing for you is using your technical skills to make the business stronger.
We are dedicated to experimenting, innovating and keeping up to date with technical tech trends in order to provide our customers with the best experience possible, and we use a variety of tools and technologies to help us achieve that. It would be great, but not essential, if you had experience with the skills and technologies listed below.
- React.js, Flux, Redux, Reselect
- Mobile app development with React Native
- Writing tests with Mocha, Chai, Sinon & Enzyme
- Continuous Integration with CircleCI/Jenkins
- Semantic HTML5, CSS3 (Grid, Flexbox) pre/post-processors (LESS/SASS, PostCSS), CSS-in-JS (Styled Components), Responsive Web Design
- NPM/Yarn, Webpack, Gulp, ESLint
- Familiarity working with the command line
- Experience integrating with RESTful backend services
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Comfortable with version control systems such as Git
- Experience converting designs from Photoshop/Sketch into HTML/CSS
Nice to have
- AWS (EC2/Beanstalk/ECS), Heroku, Nginx, Docker
- Split testing, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Loggly
- Redux-saga, MobX, Flow/Typescript, Immutable.js
- Fastlane, Gradle, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Android SDK, Expo SDK
- Backend development experience, especially with .NET
- An interest in functional programming (especially using F#)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
Obviously, this is a fairly big list, and it’s important to emphasise that we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes! This is mostly to give you a general idea of our environment and the types of technologies that we use; whatever you don’t know, you will be given the opportunity to learn.
We operate in small, cross-functional teams which are usually comprised of developers, designers and a product owner. We loosely follow Agile processes, with boards, stand-ups and stories etc., however we tend to release continually as opposed to in sprints. We follow good XP practices like TDD, BDD, integration testing, continuous integration and so on.
What you'll get
In addition to competitive salary and a casual, relaxed working environment, you will also receive:
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays and 2 extra discretionary days over Christmas)
- Health insurance or gym membership
- Training budget
- Free breakfast on Thursdays and fresh fruit throughout the week
- Two annual company socials plus quarterly team socials, as well as regular pub outings, board games/movie nights etc.
- Perkbox membership
- Football / badminton / video games at lunchtime
- Early finish with beers and table tennis on Friday afternoons
In the first instance, please send your CV and/or portfolio to email@example.com.