Complaints for FCA authorised and regulated businesses
Our FCA authorised and regulated businesses are covered by the FSCS. So if we can’t resolve your problem, then you may be entitled to compensation from the scheme. However, this depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. For introductions and insurance arranging, the maximum level of compensation for claims is 90% with no upper limit.
Complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman
In some cases, if you’re not satisfied with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure, you may be entitled to contact the Financial Services Ombudsman.
- We believe that complaints should be dealt with fairly and promptly – and that our complaints policy should be presented to customers in a clear and understandable way.
- Complaints can be made to us via email or post at TotallyMoney.com, FAO Customer Insights, Churchill House, 142-146 Old Street, London EC1V 9BW.
- We define complaints as any written or oral expression of dissatisfaction. As we only provide services to consumers, we treat all complainants as eligible under the FOS rules.
- We aim to acknowledge all complaints within one working day and, if this is not possible, within five working days.
- If the complaint is properly directed at us, we include a copy of our Complaints Policy with the acknowledgement.
- If a complaint relates to one of our partners' services incorrectly, then we refer it to the correct body – and inform the complainant. We then liaise with the partner to ensure that the complaint is dealt with in a prompt manner.
- We investigate the complaint and its source. Where we are at fault (for example, because we have breached a relevant rule or there has been an administrative error) we assess whether other customers may have been affected by the fault and put in place procedures to correct the problem.
- We aim to provide a final response to all complaints within seven working days. If we think we will not respond in this timeframe, we send the complainant an update to explain why. Our final response details the investigation we have undertaken, the outcome of that investigation, whether we reject or accept the complaint – and any remedial action to be taken.