Fat, Lazy, Sex-mad and Angry: The World’s Most Badly Behaved Countries Revealed
At a time of the year when everyone is making resolutions to better themselves, a new league table of depravity – the International Sindex – reveals the biggest sinners in the World. For Darren Kavinoky, American criminal lawyer and creator of the TV show Deadly Sins, the seven deadly sins are just human instincts gone awry. So are we hard-wired to be sinful and fail to stick to the resolutions we make at the beginning of every year? Totallymoney.com’s research reveals the nations guiltiest of those sins and some results might shock you! Wrath – “**Thou shalt not lash out**” Scots are the most wrathful people in the world with 1,487 cases of assaults reported per 100,000 people. They are not so closely followed by irate Swedes and fuming English people who count 927 and 730 cases of assaults per 100,000. Lust – “Thou shalt not go whoring” Spaniards spend the most money on prostitutes in the world at £378 per year per person on sexual services, followed by Switzerland at £294 and South Korea spending £167 a year. The UK is 20th with £10 a year spent on prostitutes… come on Sheffield! Gluttony – “Thou shalt not stuff thy face” 33.1% of Egypt’s population are digging their graves with their teeth closely followed by 33% in the USA and Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic with 32.7%. Pride – “Thou shalt not have a nose job” Vain South Korea – where eyelids surgery tops the charts – counts one surgeon for every 23,911 person followed by Brazil where liposuction is a favourite and Taiwan with respectively one surgeon for every 37,320 and 39,025 people. Envy – _“Thou shalt not nick stuff” _ The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence especially in Belgium, Denmark and New Zealand where the number of thefts and robberies recorded per 100,000 are respectively: 2858, 2350 and 1904. Sloth – “Thou shalt not get a takeaway” “Oh yes, there's lots of great food in America. But the fast food is about as destructive and evil as it gets. It celebrates a mentality of sloth.” Anthony Bourdain said it, fast food chains are destroying America so it’s no surprise that the USA come first with 22 outlets per 100,000; followed by Canada with 20 fast food outlets and Australia with 14 outlets per 100,000. Greed – “Thou shalt not keep it all for thyself” ** “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.” **Zimbabwe, Denmark and Switzerland should take note of that quote from Ghandi with Gini coefficients* of wealth of 0.845, 0.808 and 0.803, those three countries are the greediest in the world. And the overall SINNER is! The USA makes the top ten in four out of the seven sins (Pride, Gluttony, Sloth and Greed) and with 29 Sindex points is crowned the most sinful country in the world; followed by Belgium and Spain in second and third position. England comes 8th just behind Switzerland.
For more information, please contact James McCaffrey
- Free credit report providers and credit experts, TotallyMoney, are on a mission to improve the UK’s credit score and help people move on up to a better future.
- TotallyMoney launched its free credit report in late 2017, and today has 3 million customers.
- TotallyMoney is the highest rated free credit report provider on Trustpilot. They are also 2018, 2019 and 2020 winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at Moneynet’s Personal Finance Awards, showing recognition from both its customers, as well as within the wider industry.
- TotallyMoney is backed by Elliott Advisors (UK) and Scottish Equity Partners (SEP), following a £29 million investment announced in January 2019.
- TotallyMoney is also a Sunday Times Best Company as well as a UK’s Best Workplace 2019.