The best places in the UK to make a living
People looking to find their fortune should think about moving to Burnley, as new research has revealed it to be the best place in the UK to make a living. Analysis from credit comparison site TotallyMoney.com looked at criteria such as employment rates, average wages and cost of living to find the best places to live in the UK, from a finaicial persepctive. See how the towns and cities of the UK rank on our interactive table.
Interesting points found in the research:
Can’t quite make it to Burnley? Another North-west town - Wigan - was found to be the second best place in the UK to make a living. Whereas high rent prices and living expensive make London one of the worst places to make a decent living. The coastal town of Hastings was found to be the worst place in the UK to make a living. In terms of living expenses, Wigan is the cheapest place to live in the UK. London, unsurprisingly, is the most expensive. Oxford might only be the 19th best place to earn a living in the UK, but it does have the highest job growth rate in the country at 9%. If you want to be inspired by a buzz of activity then maybe you should move to York, as the northern city was found to have the lowest levels of unemployment.
The top 10 places to make a living in the UK are:
10. Peterborough TotallyMoney.com Head of Brand and Communications Joe Gardiner said of the research: “While scenery, shopping and a nice local pub are all important, people will always want to live in areas where they can be financially secure. “This research shows us the true financial-health of an area, and that a town which offers high-paying jobs and expensive restaurants won’t necessarily be the best place to make a living. “Here at TotallyMoney.com we are committed to making consumer credit fairer. We hope this research will allow people to make more informed decisions when looking for somewhere to live and allow them to take steps towards improving their financial situation.”
For more information, please contact the press team
- TotallyMoney is the credit app built to help people move forward and achieve their financial goals
- It’s the only credit app that provides customers with their live credit score for free
- Over 4 million customers have already signed up to TotallyMoney, and its service is rated 4.6/5 on TrustPilot
- TotallyMoney is the UK’s 5th best financial services company to work for, with a 3 star accreditation that reflects ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement