The weather is certainly taking a turn for the cooler as we head towards autumn proper; I had to put an extra blanket on the bed last night. Goodbye, summer. And, as you know, this unfortunately means spending more time indoors on the weekends. It also means the start of the dreaded rugby season. Boo! Can I get a refund?
And if, like mine, your home is overrun by a marathon-sport-watching, screaming-at-the-television mad man (otherwise known as your husband) on Saturdays, and you’re looking for a few non-sport related projects to pass the time, here are some home of my favourite DIYs from around the web. These are a fun way to add a personal touch to your home; and they’re beautiful, chic, and – as you are doing it yourself – CHEAP.
1. Check out Grace’s upholstered otomi headboard (via Design*Sponge)
2. Revamp an old pair of nightstands into a gorgeous hall console (via This is Glamorous)
3. Make yourself a cute little pair of bookends (via The Guardian online)
4. Brighten up your home workspace with an inspiration board covered in your favourite things (via Creature Comforts)
6. Check out my very own budget sideboard make-over
5. Highlight a dull wall and transform the room with DIY stencilling (via Homes & Property)
7. Turn a wall into an art gallery of your favourite pieces (via Southern Living)
8. Revamp your old dining chairs at a fraction of the cost of replacing (via Crafty Nest)
9. Add some greenery to even the smallest space with these beautiful repurposed terrariums (via Poetic Home)
10. Give the insides of your kitchen cabinets a handy make-over (via Apartment Therapy)
Those should keep you busy for a while. Have a great weekend!