TotallyMoney, owned by Media Ingenuity Ltd, is part of the Media Ingenuity Group (“We/Us”) and works together with Callcredit Ltd (“Callcredit”), Equifax Ltd. (“Equifax”) and Experian Ltd (“Experian”), (collectively “Screening Companies”) to provide a free service to check eligibility for pre-approved lending products and to present the credit cards and loans that you have the best chance of being approved for (“Products”)
By ticking the relevant box on our applications page and accepting these terms and conditions you are authorising us to provide the information contained in your application to the Screening Companies and selected lenders.
The Media Ingenuity Group has currently appointed Experian to conduct pre-screening searches and eligibility checking. Experian will analyse key elements of your credit file using your personal information and will give an indication of which credit cards or loans you are likely to be accepted for. Experian will provide that information to us expressed as a likelihood of acceptance and we will inform you on our site of the results in a comparison table. We will also send you a confirmation email. Using the information you originally provided, we will re-perform this eligibility search on a monthly basis and update you via email if your eligibility for new products changes. If your personal circumstances as entered on the eligibility form change, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Experian determines that you are likely to be accepted for a Product, you will be given the option to make a full application for the Product by following the link to the lenders website. You can complete the application form or to terminate your application at that point.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- Your credit file will not be provided to you directly, nor will any information be passed to the credit card or loan issuer at any point during the initial screening and eligibility process (unless you subsequently agree to make a full application).
- When you complete the eligibility checking service we offer, Experian will use your personal information to perform a soft search against your credit file. You will see a record of this on your credit profile with the as an “administrative review” or a “quotation search” but lenders will not be able to see it. This search will also incorporate Experian verification and validation checks to confirm your details by matching to publicly available databases and for fraud prevention purposes.
- This process will not have any adverse impact upon your credit rating.
- Even if we indicate that you are likely to be accepted for a Product, this is no guarantee of acceptance, as the credit card or loan issuer is entirely responsible for the decision on whether to accept you or not using its own criteria. The Product issuers are not bound by any indication that we may communicate to you as a result of the eligibility service. They may subsequently decline your pre-approved application if you fail the ID verification and validation processes or fraud prevention checks.
- By clicking “Check Eligibility” on our site, you are NOT committing to make an application for any credit card or loan Product. If you choose to proceed to make a full application to the Product issuer for any credit card or loan from the ranked list of offers, then the Product issuer will carry out its own identification and validation checks (including fraud prevention procedures) and credit application checks in accordance with its own criteria.
Eligibility and Pre-Screening Service Explained
In order to find the most suitable product for you we may use the information held at the Screening Companies Equifax, CallCredit and Experian also known as Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs). A CRA is a company that collects personal information from various sources and provides that personal information for variety of uses (including to prospective lenders for the purposes of making credit decisions).
We will use the information provided to us by a CRA to help decide which credit cards and loans you are most likely to be approved for. It is important to note that there may be other products presented in the results table available from lenders who are not represented by this service.
Use of Personal Information:
- When a CRA receives a search request from us they will place a quotation or soft search footprint on your credit report, whether or not you decide to apply for the product. This search will not affect your ability to gain credit and will NOT be visible to any lender.
- The information which we provide to the CRA may be supplied by them to other organisations such as Fraud Prevention Agencies and used by those organisations for the purposes of checking identity, preventing fraud, tracing and collection of debt. The CRA may also use the data to undertake statistical analysis.
- In certain instances your data will be shared with specific lenders to check eligibility for a pre-approved credit card or loan and to validate if you are an existing customer (which may affect whether you can be accepted for one of their credit cards or loans at this time) or for fraud prevention purposes. Note that the lender does not have permission to use your data for any other purpose and they will NOT retain any of the information passed to them.
- If you subsequently choose to apply for a product, the lender will undertake a full credit check and provide you with the terms and conditions for that product. The results of the full credit search will be visible to all lenders in the future.
You can contact any of the CRA’s as follows and they will charge a small statutory fee if you wish to obtain a copy of your credit report.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414 or log on to www.noddle.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0844 335 0550 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk.
Eligibility for Pre-Approved Credit Cards
We also work with specific credit card lenders who will conduct a soft search of your credit file, to provide a free service to present your chance of being pre-approved for a credit card. This includes Capital One Bank (Europe) Ltd (“Capital One”) who will leave a footprint on your credit file detailing the eligibility search they have conducted.
You can find details of the Capital One quotation search service here: https://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/quotation-ts-and-cs.jsf