This role has now been filled
However, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join the business. If this is you, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why we can’t afford not to meet you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TotallyMoney is hiring a Head of Design to lead its in-house design function – the team, the design strategy & the execution. The role will report to the CPO.
This is you
- You are a seasoned designer with strong experience in all aspects of digital and product design - user experience, interaction, UI/visual design.
- You have 8-12 years of experience, of which a significant portion is spent in designing consumer apps (or ecommerce sites with a ‘signed-in state’ and interactions).
- You have led a team of 2 or more designers – you are a hands-on, ‘working’ design lead.
- You know how to execute product design in harmony with the wider brand – you know how to define and evolve a design identity and style.
- You are good at coaching and mentoring designers and acting as the voice of design in cross-functional teams.
- You know how to design processes and working practices for the design team and to build effective bridges with the rest of the organisation to achieve best results.
- You enjoy architecting the UX of complex products with multiple user flows, rich data visualisation, and layers of complex interactions.
- You have designed for Web (responsive), iOS, Android and are familiar with the design idiom of each platform.
- You understand how to make the complex seem simple and appealing.
- You are always learning. And you actively practice what you learn and continuously work on refining your craft.
This is the job
- Coach and manage the design team – provide active day-to-day guidance on design tasks, workflow and output.
- Draw up light but effective design processes to coordinate design projects across the organisation.
- Understand our users’ needs through a combination of UX research (foundational or task-specific) and quantitative analysis – work closely with the Data & Insight team and product managers to understand user behaviour.
- Collaborate closely with the product managers to understand the possibilities of our product, and how it can be mapped to user needs.
- Work with the various product teams to create design solutions that meet user needs and fulfil our product’s potential – create appropriate artefacts such as wireframes, prototypes, user flows to communicate your ideas to the rest of the team.
- Achieve a strong and consistent style across multiple platforms (Web, iOS, Android) and different financial product verticals (Credit Report, Credit Cards Comparison, Loans Comparison, Mortgages).
- Champion clean and consistent design – lead the design team in evolving and maintaining standardised UI patterns and style guides.
- Guide the design execution of product marketing materials, content and other assets and will collaborate closely with branding/content teams, social media marketers and CRM team for this.
- Effectively communicate your design philosophy, design decisions and ideas on process with everyone in the organisation – evolve ways in which the design team can showcase their work and solicit feedback.
- Work with the CPO and the rest of the senior management team to anticipate and plan for the evolving design needs of our organisation.
This is the reward
Please note that this is a full-time, in-house role and the salary will be commensurate with the level of experience and skills you bring. There is also a generous bonus and benefits package.
If you’re successful, you will be working alongside a smart bunch of designers, product managers, developers, data analysts/scientists and marketing professionals in a collaborative, motivated team environment.
This is TotallyMoney
TotallyMoney is on a mission to make credit fairer for consumers – we help thousands of users access their credit report and make wiser choices in their credit products. Our technology helps customers make smarter financial decisions and protect their credit rating.
TotallyMoney is challenging the established financial institutions to provide better credit for customers. And with a portfolio of new products launching later this year, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the FinTech revolution.
We follow a lean working pattern of build, measure, learn. We can count on each other and do our best work together. We value creativity and imagination, make things fast and fix them forward. And we’re committed to making an impact for our customers.
TotallyMoney is based on Old Street, London EC2. And we’ve got some of the capital’s best coffee shops right on our doorstep.
This is how to apply
Please send your CV, portfolio link and a covering letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this role to email@example.com.